Auerbach Grayson & Company, the New York-based firm that runs a network of local brokerage firms for US institutional investors, says Andisa Securities – the stockbroking arm of Andisa Capital (Pty.) Ltd., of South Africa- has become the firm’s exclusive partner for trading securities in the South African market.
Andisa Capital was founded in 2003 with the support of Standard Bank Group. It has offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town, where it provides full-service agency stockbroker with memberships of the JSE Securities Exchange and the South African Futures Exchange (SAFEX). Andisa places a strong emphasis on research coverage, focusing on some 90 South African companies, equivalent to approximately 96 percent of the JSE market capitalization.
“Auerbach Grayson is well-known for its forward-looking strategy, and selecting Andisa Securities as its South African partner is certainly in line with this approach, and we are delighted,” says Patrick Mathidi, managing director and head of Andisa Securities. “For Andisa Securities, Auerbach Grayson’s unique worldwide network provides exceptional opportunities for the expansion of our securities business. For Auerbach Grayson and its US institutional clients, we offer an unbeatable service of company research and trade executions, and look forward to a mutually beneficial relationship.”
Andisa Capital is owned 51 percent by a consortium consisting of Nduna Trust, Safika Holdings, Simeka and a broad-based trust. The remaining 49 percent interest is owned by Standard Bank.