Provisional agenda (subject to change)
10:30am – Registration
11:00 am – Welcoming Remarks
11:05 am – Keynote address with Fabian Vandenreydt, executive chairman, B-Hive Europe
11:15- 12:15pm – Changes at the client level & how they impact custody offering
What is changing at the client level for asset managers, broker-dealers and network managers, and how is this changing client services?
- John Gubert, chairman, GTL Associates (moderator)
- Brendon Bambury, head of post-trade sales, UK & Nordics, SIX Securities & Exchanges
- Penelope Biggs, chief strategy officer, Northern Trust
- Phillip Chapple, chief operating officer, Monterone Capital Partners
- Andreas Feiner, founding partner, Arabesque Asset Management
12:15-1:15pm – Lunch
1:15-2:00pm – Servicing new asset classes
The surge in uptake of passive investing has resulted in ETFs becoming one of the dominant asset classes for the buy-side. Meanwhile questions about cryptocurrency servicing are now on the table? And the move to private equity and real estate funds are driving new outsourcing models. How are custodians and fund administrators gearing up to service these new asset classes?
- Anthony Kirby, director, regulatory reform and risk management, EY (moderator)
- David Bailey, group head of marketing and product development, Augentius
- Tom Digby, head of client trading coverage, capital markets, Invesco Powershares
- Brian McMahon, managing director AIS business development, BNY Mellon
- Bill Prew, founder and CEO, INDOS Financial
2:00-2:45pm – Adapting to new technologies
Everyone’s experimenting with artificial intelligence, but what benefits could it bring? What proof of concepts are securities services firms working on and what kind of developments are they seeing? Our panellists discuss different aspects of AI and its benefits.
- Joe Parsons, deputy editor, Global Custodian (moderator)
- Simon Hirtenstein, practice lead, New Link Consulting
- Jason Nabi, global head of innovation, HSBC Securities Services
- Miroslav Petrov, product director, Fortia Financial Solutions
- Chirag Patel, head of innovation and advisory solutions, EMEA, State Street
2:45-3:15pm – Coffee break
3:15-4:00pm – Recruiting the right and best talent
From technology experts to data scientists, securities services firms are looking at a new breed of talent, but how will they lure them in and what competition do they face?
- Jonathan Watkins, managing editor, Global Custodian (moderator)
- Carolyn Dickason, director, HAYS
- Leila Guerra, associate dean of programmes, Imperial College Business School
- Virginie O’Shea, research director, Aite Group
- Fabian Vandenreydt, executive chairman, B-Hive Europe
4:00-4:45pm – GC Leaders: Building a strategy around regulation
Regulations such as MiFID II, SFTR and CSDR, as well as Brexit, are having a wide-ranging effect on the strategy of securities services firms. This panel will bring leaders from the global custody industry to look how they are meeting the regulatory landscape head-on.
- Satvinder Singh, former global head of securities services, Deutsche Bank (moderator)
- Alex Dockx, executive director, JP Morgan
- Wendy Phillis, managing director, Europe & Asia-Pacific, governance and regulatory solutions, RBC Investor & Treasury Services
- Sean Tuffy, head of market and regulatory intelligence, EMEA, custody & fund services, Citi
4.45pm – Networking reception