Sponsored by SIX Group
The impact of tax on portfolio performance can no longer be ignored. Despite the implementation of the Automatic Exchange of Information global standard, tax harmonisation across multiple jurisdictions remains a pipe dream.
Join Global Custodian and the Swiss Stock Exchange for a 45-minute webcast exploring the implementation and maintenance of tax services – a notoriously complex area to perfect – and the importance of efficient after-tax performance to create additional value for clients and avoid double taxation.
- Looking back at the industry’s collective efforts over the past couple of decades, what has been achieved in tax services and what remains a challenge?
- Where should investment managers place tax services on their list of priorities?
- How do you quantify the impact of after-tax performance on investment returns?
- Where do tax services sit on the continuum of securities services automation, for example between settlement (highly automated) and corporate actions (highly resistant)?
- Given their complexity, what are the options for outsourcing tax services?
Tuesday July 7, 2020 starting at 10:30am CET
- Christophe Lapaire, Head of Advanced Tax Services, The Swiss Stock Exchange, SIX
- Jürg Stalder, Senior Product Manager, Financial Information, SIX
- Roman von der Höh, Global Head of Tax Services, Avaloq
- Philipp Mitterbauer, Head of Tax, Ruffer
- Richard Schwartz, special projects editor, Global Custodian (moderator)